"From Montgomery"

"From Montgomery"

Friday, May 29, 2009


"Bringing Back Carol Rae" will be on exhibit at the Chicago Mosaic School in Chicago, IL from June 5th through August 1st. The exhibit is entitled "About/Face: Portraits in Contemporary Mosaic".
I made this piece at Shug Jones' portrait workshop last fall in Plano, TX. I chose a photograph of my late mother-in-law and very close friend, Carol Rae Perry to mosaic because I knew she couldn't complain if it didn't turn out to look like her. Fortunately it did look just like her though and I am sure she would get a big kick out of being on exhibit in Chicago.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great piece & neat that you chose your late mother in law. I am working on my first face mosaic, and troubled by the fact that I cant seem to get the dimensional effect of the mouth right. Yours is great! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete